More about me
More about me, Estelle Brettenny
Life-long learning is part of my life! And I’m a passionate occupational therapist with more than 4 decades of clinical experience. Helping school and adult learners to ‘Be More Effective Thinkers and Learners’ is what I do!
To best help my clients, I’ve been specializing in metacognitive intervention and learning health for older primary school learners, high school learners and adult learners since 1998. I’m a certified trainer in the Cognitive Enrichment Advantage (CEA) (from 1997) and Thinking Maps (from 2011). And I also completed many other courses about the development of thinking and learning.
Due to my strong interest in thinking and learning, I’ve been part of the Board of the former International Association for Cognitive Education (IACESA) for two decades (as President from 2013-2015). I’m also a founding member of Thinking Schools South Africa (TSSA, that was founded by IACESA) and an Honorary Member of the Institute for the Advancement of Cognitive Education (IACE that evolved from IACESA).
And a bit more about my calling!
Empowering others is important to me. Throught my daily work I empower my clients. And over a period of 3 decades I’ve presented training to professionals, educators, as well as parents about the development of metacognitive skills, executive function skills, thinking and learning skills. In this way I’ve been sharing and empowering others from my decades of experience.
I started developing online courses in 2020 and this is a very exciting journey for me. I’m pleased that I’ve already reached students in more than 50 countries. I wish to continue sharing my ever-increasing knowledge, skills, and experience, via online courses and products. Empowering learners of all ages to become more skilful learners, parents, educators or professionals is what I love doing.
Want to know more about me…
In my free time I walk to destress and ‘meditate’. I create time to research, read or listen to information about spiritual growth, self-development, health, thinking and learning, every day. And, I make time for my family and seeing my grandchildren!
I am a registered occupational therapist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA). I am also a member of The Occupational Therapy Association of South Africa.
– James Maskell
MY PURPOSE STATEMENT
I STRIVE TO ACHIEVE THIS BY
Becoming more in all dimensions/categories of my life;
Developing and providing individual and group intervention (for children and adults), as well as educational opportunities for all generations, to become more (in one or more dimensions of their lives);
Supporting individuals to make choices and develop habits for intelligent living;
Collaborating with like-minded practitioners and organizations; and
Building communities of support for people that are ready to change.
Knowledge and wisdom
- To continuously seek knowledge and Godly wisdom to apply in my personal and professional life.
Dedication and hard work
- To do everything I do, in my personal and professional life, with full dedication, passion and perseverance until the ‘job is done’.
Optimism, faith and hope
- To always believe the best of everyone; to never ever give up in my personal or professional life and to advocate that the basis for our future hope is the promises of God.
Growth and self-actualization
- To ensure that I never stop growing in my personal or professional capacity and to inspire others to grow one step at a time towards the actualization of their potential.
Sharing and community
- To make a deliberate effort to share the best information/resources that I possess to help my clients as well as the wider community.
- To be real, authentic and truthful and to provide Realistic, Effective, Achievable and Long-Lasting/Lifelong services and education.
Let's Get Started
For Intervention, assessment or training
082 430 7956
1 A Stepping Stone Street,
– 2 Peter 1: 5-7