Welcome to Estelle Brettenny
A registered occupational therapist in Durbanville
Metacognition refers to being aware of and understanding one’s own thinking processes and also to think about one’s own thinking. Becoming aware of your own thinking process can help you to maximize your own potential to learning while also acquiring improved thinking, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
Throughout my career, I have become aware that a growing number of individuals lack the skills to cope with today’s ever-increasing academic demands. This is not only applicable to learners in primary schools; many learners never truly learn how to think or learn effectively and this could hamper one’s progress later in life as well – be it in high school, university, or even at work.
My focus therefore lies in working with individuals and groups to guide, support and empower them on their journey to achieving their full academic potential by focusing on their executive functions and teaching them how to think and learn efficiently.
My services are best suited for:
- Learners (Grade 5 – 12) and adult learners
- Learners that are performing well in school, but strive to develop their thinking, learning and coping skills
- Learners without any diagnosed learning problem, but they are not coping academically
- Learners diagnosed with ADD/ADHD or other learning difficulties
- Learners who struggle to adapt their thinking, skills and strategies to function optimally in their academic life
- Learners who lack metacognitive skills and struggle with cognitive processes and executive functions. This may include organising, prioritising, setting goals, time-management, etc.
- Learners with a combination of the above learning challenges
Let's Get Started
* Time preferences might not be possible
For Intervention, assessment or training
082 430 7956
1 A Stepping Stone Street,